Bride Wars

Posted by Jay Philips | Monday, January 12, 2009

Two best friends become rivals when they schedule their respective weddings on the same day.

Liv and Emma are best friends who since childhood have planned every detail of their respective weddings. At the top of their bridal "must have" list: a ceremony at New York's ultimate bridal destination, the Plaza Hotel. Now, at age 26, they're both about to get married; they're about to realize their dreams; and they're about to live happily ever after. Or maybe not. When a clerical error causes a clash in wedding dates--they're now to be married on the same date!--Liv, Emma and their lifelong friendship are put to the ultimate test. Liv, a successful lawyer who is used to getting what she wants, including the perfect job and the perfect man, won't settle for anything less than the perfect wedding she has dreamed of for years. Emma, a schoolteacher who has always been good at taking care of others, but not so much in looking after herself, discovers her inner Bridezilla and comes out swinging when her own dream wedding is imperiled. Now, the two best friends who'd do anything for each other find themselves in a no-holds-barred, take-no-prisoners struggle that threatens to erupt into all-out war.

When I saw the commercials, this movie was a must-see for me. So I went and saw it, it lived up to all of my expectations. I found it funny, interesting and the characters were all well-rounded. I love Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudsen and I think they did a great job. I think that out of all of the many chic-flics I have seen this was definately one of my favorite. I really liked it.

MyBlogLog PicturesActiveRain: willsonjohnBebo: willsonjohnBrightkite: willsonjohndel.icio.us: willsonjohnDigg: willsonjohneBay: willsonjohnIntenseDebate: willsonjohnJaiku: willsonjohnKiva: willsonjohnLast.fm: willsonjohnLinkedIn: willsonjohnLiveJournal: willsonjohnMySpace: willsonjohnPownce: willsonjohnSecond Life: willsonjohnStumbleUpon: willsonjohnTechnorati: willsonjohnThe DJ List: willsonjohnTwitter:willsonjohnTypeKey: willsonjohnYouTube: willsonjohn
3 comments
  1. Unknown January 14, 2009 at 10:12 PM  

    I saw it. This is a wonderful romantic comedy.

  2. Jay Philips January 16, 2009 at 4:41 PM  

    thanks for the response banicmanic!

    have a very nice day!

  3. docemdy January 21, 2009 at 10:59 PM  

    I enjoyed it a lot too and laughed at most scenes. I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

ss_blog_claim=bce5c92abee9c9d0466b0408764deefa